Nashik was the birthplace of one of the most important episodes of Ramayana. This book is one of the sacred books of Hinduism.
When Rama’s father sent him into exile, Rama followed by his wife Sita and his brother Laxman settled near the Godavari River, in a place called Panchavati.
That’s when Laxman cut off Shurpnakha’s nose after she insulted Sita. This act bothered Devil Ravana, brother of Shurpnakha. He decided to avenge his sister by kidnapping Sita. He took her to Sri Lanka, his place of residence. Ram and Laxman pursued him. They get joined by an army of monkeys including Lord Hanuman.
When Ravana was killed and Sita got saved, it was Nashik which again got into a scene where Sita proved a pure soul and fidelity to her husband by throwing herself into the flames. She came out unscathed.
Nashik is also the wine capital of India. The wine is famous of this region and it is a place full of vineyards.
We will begin the tour, visiting all the mythological places of the city and discovering stories related to the gods of Hinduism. After lunch, we will visit a vineyard with wine tasting.
Information about the tour
- We will visit many temples so a proper outfit is mandatory (long pants and tee shirt for men and women).
- Remember to bring sunglasses and a hat.
- Take some walking shoes.
- Remember to take a camera.
- The tour includes transportation, guide, guided tour of the vineyard and wine tasting.
- For some adventure or fun, transportation will be done by rickshaws (rickshaw)
Do you want more information or book with us?
Please send us a mail, we will be happy to help you