Discover the third largest crater in the world: Lonar lake
The Lonar lake is a lake formed by the impact of a meteorite. It is the third largest crater in the world. According to a recent study, the crater would be between 530,000 and 600,000 years old. The diameter of the lake is 1.8 kilometres.
It has become a wildlife reserve. we can see peacocks, ducks, monkeys, birds and cheetahs.
Between the 6th and the 12th century there was an important religious activity. This is why we can admire different temples all around the Lonar Lake.
- Lonar Lake is a 3-hour drive from Aurangabad. It takes a whole day to visit the site.
- Bring light clothing that covers a large part of the body to protect you from mosquitoes and sun.
- Don’t forget to take a cap and sunscreen.
- The tour includes: pick up and drop off at your hotel, transportation, guide, a bottle of water, a snack, lunch, parking and taxes.
- Excluded: all that is not included, shopping